Aspergers Treatment in Los Angeles
Aspergers Syndrome, a pervasive developmental disorder, is on the higher functioning end of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
As with anyone on “The Spectrum” individuals with Aspergers can display an array of constantly changing symptoms to different degrees, or just a couple that stays with them though adulthood.
Symptoms of Higher Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Slow to begin talking
- Lost in their own world
- Lack of eye contact
- Odd speech patterns
- Motor skills deficiencies
- Obsessions – being focused on a single subject
- Sensitivity to touch or noise
- Literal Thinking
- Social awkwardness, usually a lack of friends
- Wanting routines
FACT. A Pioneer in Aspergers Treatment, Will Optimize Your Quality of Life
Starting with pioneering autism treatment (as Focus on All Child Therapies) some 20 years ago at UCLA, FACT is a not-for-profit, started by families for families with Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Aspergers and other developmental challenges. We provide a unique, affordable approach to Aspergers care, combining leading edge treatment with a range of whole family care and support, to maximize the potential of children, teen’s, young adults, adults and their entire families to live more fulfilling lives.
Today FACT clients and their families have shared the joy of attending college, having gainful employment, teaching new generations of ASD-challenged young people and the community about living with their disabilities, and even celebrating marriage.
Cutting Edge Aspergers Therapies & Programs in a Variety of Settings
FACT’s full palate of therapies and modalities are delivered by highly experienced professionals in home, clinical, community and scholastic settings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – to help deal with social and anxiety disorders
- Interactive Guided Imagery – using visualization to relieve anxiety, increase coping skills, and self confidence
- Relationship Development Intervention – empowering parents to guide their children towards greater flexibility and resilience
- In Home Behavior And Parent Training – treating maladaptive behavior and helping to guide children mastering complex problems and situations
- Social Skills Groups organically developing social thinking, emotional intelligence, play and friendship
- Comprehensive Transition Programs – providing young adults with the opportunity to experience a varitety of post secondary options including college,vocational education, national service, apprenticeships and creating their own micro enterprise